Who we are
Working at Select Technology isn’t just another 9-5 job. We’re not your usual corporate IT company – we’re a friendly bunch of team players that like to get the job done to a great standard and have some fun along the way. And pizza, lots of pizza.
Our guiding premise is to create opportunities for happiness and success. This applies not only to our wonderful customers, ensuring they are satisfied with our service and supporting their business growth, but also to our hardworking team of employees. Having this mantra at the forefront of everything we do keeps us focused on achieving great things for our clients and our team. Our Source and Supply (or Procurement Team) are a big part of this success, and right now we need another Sales Admin Superstar to join the team.
Sounds good, right…?!
What you’ll be doing
- You will develop relationships with customers, managing their requests via our CRM system, create quotes and see those quotes through to an order.
- You will also develop relationships with our extensive supplier base, negotiate the best pricing and arrange goods to be delivered in line with the customer’s request.
- You will be involved with after sales care, tracking orders and keeping customers informed. You will assist in developing our online product presence and help to manage our warehouse stock.
- You will work closely with our finance team to resolve invoice queries and manage returns.
- We do not have a sales team, and this isn’t a sales role, instead as a team we are responsible for seeing the whole process through from initial enquiry to delivery.
- You will work with our directors, our service desk, our finance team, our projects team and our customer relationship team because we are one big team all working together to deliver the best service to our customers.
What will you bring to the table?
- No experience necessary, your attitude and work ethic are more important.
- You are looking for a challenge in an ever-changing environment, you love giving the very best service to customers and have excellent communication skills.
- Working under pressure and solving problems is something that doesn’t faze you.
- You pride yourself on your attention to detail and using your initiative to help your customers and colleagues.
- You have an interest in IT and are wanting to grow your knowledge.
- You are experienced in Microsoft office packages.
- Most of all, you are looking to grow yourself and those around you.
The nitty gritty details
- The salary range is £24,000 to £28,000 depending on your experience and qualifications.
- After an initial office-based training period, you’ll need to come into our office in Paddock Wood 1 or 2 days a week, but the rest of the time you’re free to work from home. We like the team to bond, share ideas and help each other out, and as much as we love technology, there’s no substitute for face-to-face.
- Our working hours are 9:00 – 5:30 Monday to Friday, but sometimes we might ask you to be a bit flexible on this for events.
What’s in it for you?
We are passionate about cultivating a fun and rewarding environment where our team are looked after while providing a framework and incentives to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
People first mentality
Our customers come first and so do our team. We pay fairly and more often than not you’ll get an annual pay increase. At the start of the Cost of Living crisis we gave a 6% salary increase and we paid out a Christmas bonus last year too.
Flexible and fun work environment
We work hard, but we also have a lot of fun along the way. We’re supportive and understand that life happens. If you need to clock off early for something personal, or work from home an extra day every now and again we’re happy to oblige. We even offer 2 days paid leave if you need time off to look after a poorly child or relative.
The best of the best
We want our team to be the best and provide the greatest customer experience possible. That means we champion people to progress, and we’ll pay for your training to get you to the next level and pay you the market rate for your new skills.
Just check out our video for what life is like at Select…
Wait, there’s more?!
- You’ll get 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Well, actually, it’s 26 as you get a bonus day for your birthday too!
- Every year we try to pay out a bonus to recognise everyone’s efforts
- Every 3 months we all get together to do something fun, and it’s all on Select!
- Like to cycle? We offer a Ride2Work Scheme
- It wouldn’t be an IT company without a games room! Pool, darts, arcade machine – lunch breaks never looked so fun!
- Help yourself to free fruit and soft drinks
- Posh coffee and hot chocolate at the click of a button – your caffeine cravings will be satisfied!
- If you introduce new clients or staff you’ll get bonus
- You’ll get Perkbox discounts on things like cinema tickets, restaurants and the gym.
If you like the sound of us and the job, please drop us a message and your CV to email@example.com
We can’t wait to hear from you!