Working at Select Technology isn’t just another 9-5 job. We’re not your usual corporate IT company – we’re a friendly bunch of team players that like to get the job done to a great standard and have some fun along the way. And pizza, lots of pizza.
We are super busy at the moment, taking on lots of new customers and growing the business even more over the next few years. That means we’re looking for some more superstars to come and work on our Service Desk and support our lovely customers.
That’s where you come in…
What you’ll be doing
Do you love technology? Do you like people and helping them out? Have you got an excellent telephone manner à la Hyacinth Bucket? (Just check out our Teams Phone video).
Imagine working in a like-minded, customer-focused team where you can thrive and cultivate your career, being rewarded for your hard work and celebrating your achievements as a team.
As a 2nd Line Engineer, you’ll be an integral member of our Service Desk team. You’ll make use of your amazing communication abilities to help problem-solve the IT issues our customers come across, helping to make sure their technology is working as it should, and installing core technologies when needed.
You’ll also work with our 1st Line Engineers using your technical wizardry to help them out with any tickets they’re not able to deal with.
Most of the time this support will be given over the phone, but you might need to get out and about from time to time to meet customers and remediate things on site.
What will you bring to the table?
- It would be great if you’ve had experience at another MSP, but it’s not a dealbreaker as long as you have a technical background.
- You’ll need to be great with people. Your communication skills should be second to none and you’ll know how to help a customer without bombarding them with technical jargon. They’ll trust you to get the job done swiftly and effectively with a smile.
- As a 2nd Line, we’ll want you to hit the ground running, so you’ll need to have some experience with most of our core technologies including Microsoft 365 including SharePoint, latest Windows Desktop/Server Operating Systems, Virtualisation and backend infrastructure from switches to Firewalls.
The nitty gritty details
- The salary range for our 2nd Line Engineers is £25 – £32k depending on your experience and qualifications.
- You’ll need to come into our office in Paddock Wood 3 days a week, but the rest of the time you’re free to work from home. We like the team to bond, share ideas and help each other out, and as much as we love technology, there’s no substitute for face-to-face.
- Our working hours are 8:30 – 5:30 Monday to Friday, but sometimes we might ask you to be a bit flexible on this for certain projects (don’t worry – we pay overtime!)
What’s in it for you?
We are passionate about cultivating a fun and rewarding environment where our team are looked after while providing a framework and incentives to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
People first mentality
Our customers come first and so do our team. We pay fairly and more often than not you’ll get an annual pay increase. At the start of the Cost of Living crisis we gave a 6% salary increase and we’re paying out a Christmas bonus this year too.
Flexible and fun work environment
We work hard, but we also have a lot of fun along the way. We’re supportive and understand that life happens. If you need to clock off early for something personal, or work from home an extra day every now and again we’re happy to oblige. We even offer 2 days paid leave if you need time off to look after a poorly child or relative.
The best of the best
We want our team to be the best and provide the greatest customer experience possible. That means we champion people to progress, and we’ll pay for your training to get you to the next level and pay you the market rate for your new skills.
Just check out our video for what life is like at Select…
Wait, there’s more?!
- You’ll get 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Well, actually, it’s 26 as you get a bonus day for your birthday too!
- Every year we try to pay out a bonus to recognise everyone’s efforts
- Every 3 months we all get together to do something fun, and it’s all on Select!
- Like to cycle? We offer a Ride2Work Scheme
- It wouldn’t be an IT company without a games room! Pool, darts, arcade machine – lunch breaks never looked so fun!
- Help yourself to free fruit and soft drinks
- Posh coffee and hot chocolate at the click of a button – your caffeine cravings will be satisfied!
- If you introduce new clients or staff you’ll get bonus
- You’ll get Perkbox discounts on things like cinema tickets, restaurants and the gym.
If you like the sound of us and the job, please drop us a message and your CV to email@example.com
We can’t wait to hear from you!