Working at Select Technology isn’t just another 9-5 job. We’re not your usual corporate IT company – we’re a friendly bunch of team players that like to get the job done to a great standard and have some fun along the way. And pizza, lots of pizza.
We are super busy at the moment, taking on lots of new customers and growing the business even more over the next few years. That means we’re looking for some more superstars to come and support our lovely customers.
That’s where you come in…
What you’ll be doing
You will be joining a small team alongside an existing Technical Account Manager and our Customer Experience Manager. Between us, the team is responsible for making sure our customers have a point of contact, someone they can talk to who understands their business, and are getting the advice they need.
Sometimes that advice can include suggesting other services we provide, but this is not a sales job. There are no sales targets. We are measured on how happy our customers are, not how much they spend.
That means helping them prepare roadmaps for their IT, supporting the Service Desk when things get more complex, and being a ‘translator’ between the IT services we provide and business needs the customers have. To do that we have to keep on top of what’s happening in technology, especially with Microsoft 365 and Cyber Security, and we have support from the wider team to help us achieve that. We also coordinate smaller projects, and work with the Professional Services team when the customer needs more.
As with any job, we have to keep records of what we’ve done and who we’ve spoken to, and make sure that others in the business know what’s happening with our customers.
Sometimes the role can be fast-paced, but we also try to enjoy ourselves and provide an enjoyable experience for our customers. The emphasis is on the ‘relationship’ more than on the ‘technical’.
What will you bring to the table?
- You probably have a good grounding in customer service, and you understand what good customer experiences look like.
- You’re interested in technology and the benefits it can bring to a business, but you’re not necessarily a technical whizz-kid.
- You can think through problems and bring your experience with and enthusiasm for technology to solve them.
- You’re a collaborator by nature. You prefer solving problems together with colleagues to trying to fix everything yourself. That said, you’re also able to manage your own priorities and work independently most of the time, drawing in support when you need it.
- You can think beyond today, look at the ‘bigger picture’ and come up with plans to make it a reality.
- You understand Microsoft 365 and the basics of servers, networks and IT security – or you’re keen to learn and can do so quickly with our support.
- Most importantly, you’re someone who inspires trust, who can develop a single conversation with a customer into a lasting relationship, and who people want to spend their time talking business and tech with.
The nitty gritty details
- The salary range for our TAMs is £35 – £45k depending on your experience and qualifications.
- We are very flexible about location. You can work in the office in Paddock Wood or at home, and of course in a role like this there is a fair amount of time spent with customers, both online and at their offices in Kent and the South East.
- Our working hours are 9:00 – 5:30 Monday to Friday, but sometimes we might ask you to be a bit flexible on this for certain projects, but equally we can be flexible too.
What’s in it for you?
We are passionate about cultivating a fun and rewarding environment where our team are looked after while providing a framework and incentives to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
People first mentality
Our customers come first and so do our team. We pay fairly and more often than not you’ll get an annual pay increase. At the start of the Cost of Living crisis we gave a 6% salary increase and we’re paying out a Christmas bonus this year too.
Flexible and fun work environment
We work hard, but we also have a lot of fun along the way. We’re supportive and understand that life happens. If you need to clock off early for something personal, or work from home an extra day every now and again we’re happy to oblige. We even offer 2 days paid leave if you need time off to look after a poorly child or relative.
The best of the best
We want our team to be the best and provide the greatest customer experience possible. That means we champion people to progress, and we’ll pay for your training to get you to the next level and pay you the market rate for your new skills.
Just check out our video for what life is like at Select…
Wait, there’s more?!
- You’ll get 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Well, actually, it’s 26 as you get a bonus day for your birthday too!
- Every year we try to pay out a bonus to recognise everyone’s efforts
- Every 3 months we all get together to do something fun, and it’s all on Select!
- Like to cycle? We offer a Ride2Work Scheme
- It wouldn’t be an IT company without a games room! Pool, darts, arcade machine – lunch breaks never looked so fun!
- Help yourself to free fruit and soft drinks
- Posh coffee and hot chocolate at the click of a button – your caffeine cravings will be satisfied!
- If you introduce new clients or staff you’ll get bonus
- You’ll get Perkbox discounts on things like cinema tickets, restaurants and the gym.
If you like the sound of us and the job, please drop us a message and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to hear from you!