Working at Select Technology isn’t just another 9-5 job. We’re not your usual corporate IT company – we’re a friendly bunch of team players that like to get the job done to a great standard and have some fun along the way. And pizza, lots of pizza.
Our guiding premise is to create opportunities for happiness and success. This applies not only to our wonderful customers, ensuring they are satisfied with our service and supporting their business growth, but also to our hardworking team of employees. Having this mantra at the forefront of everything we do keeps us focused on achieving great things for our clients and our team. Our Service Desk are a big part of this success, and right now we need another Senior Support Engineer Superstar to join the team!
Sounds good, right…?!
What you’ll be doing
- You will develop friendly and trusted relationships with customers, supporting their requests and challenges, and helping them succeed through technology.
- Support our budding junior members of the team and take on escalated support tickets where necessary.
- You will have shared responsibility for maintaining a healthy Helpdesk Board, meeting your KPI’s and ensuring our high standards of customer experience are upheld at all times.
- Visit our clients in person and provide onsite assistance where required (yes a car is necessary but don’t worry we pay a generous mileage 45p per mile)Produce lovely documentation to help us improve consistency and quality.
- Some of our clients work beyond traditional 9-5 hours and still we need to be there for them. As a senior member of the Service Desk, we’ll need you to be part of the on call Support rota working 1 week in every 5. Don’t worry though, you will be paid a nice retainer and overtime!
What will you bring to the table?
- Ideally you will be from a Managed Service background.
- You have great customer service skills, you like people and you can foster good working relationships.
- You are positive and passionate about technology.
- You are great at problem solving.
- You have good experience in technologies such as O365, IP Networking, Firewalls, Server Operating Systems (Windows 2016 – 2019), Veeam and Virtualization,Working under pressure and solving problems is something that doesn’t faze you.
- You pride yourself on your attention to detail and using your initiative to help your customers and colleagues.
- You have an interest in IT and are wanting to grow your knowledge.
- Most of all, you are looking to grow yourself and those around you.
The nitty gritty details
- The salary range for our 3nd Line Engineers is £35 – £45k depending on your experience and qualifications.
- After an initial office-based training period, you’ll need to come into our office in Paddock Wood 3 days a week, but the rest of the time you’re free to work from home. We like the team to bond, share ideas and help each other out, and as much as we love technology, there’s no substitute for face-to-face.
- Our working hours are 8:30 – 5:30 Monday to Friday, but sometimes we might ask you to be a bit flexible on this for certain projects (don’t worry – we pay overtime!)
What’s in it for you?
We are passionate about cultivating a fun and rewarding environment where our team are looked after while providing a framework and incentives to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
People first mentality
Our customers come first and so do our team. We pay fairly and more often than not you’ll get an annual pay increase. At the start of the Cost of Living crisis we gave a 6% salary increase and we’re paying out a Christmas bonus this year too.
Flexible and fun work environment
We work hard, but we also have a lot of fun along the way. We’re supportive and understand that life happens. If you need to clock off early for something personal, or work from home an extra day every now and again we’re happy to oblige. We even offer 2 days paid leave if you need time off to look after a poorly child or relative.
The best of the best
We want our team to be the best and provide the greatest customer experience possible. That means we champion people to progress, and we’ll pay for your training to get you to the next level and pay you the market rate for your new skills.
Just check out our video for what life is like at Select…
Wait, there’s more?!
- You’ll get 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Well, actually, it’s 26 as you get a bonus day for your birthday too!
- Every year we try to pay out a bonus to recognise everyone’s efforts
- Every 3 months we all get together to do something fun, and it’s all on Select!
- Like to cycle? We offer a Ride2Work Scheme
- It wouldn’t be an IT company without a games room! Pool, darts, arcade machine – lunch breaks never looked so fun!
- Help yourself to free fruit and soft drinks
- Posh coffee and hot chocolate at the click of a button – your caffeine cravings will be satisfied!
- If you introduce new clients or staff you’ll get bonus
- You’ll get Perkbox discounts on things like cinema tickets, restaurants and the gym.
If you like the sound of us and the job, please drop us a message and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to hear from you!